SelectCare continues to monitor all city, state and federal communications and policies regarding the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic.
As of Friday, March 27, 2020, the MTA is operating their Essential Service Plan system wide which preserves both AM and PM peak service for essential workers while helping to reduce density for riders; however, with the reduction of transit workers and commuters, field staff, especially women, are increasingly vulnerable to targeted harassment and assault.
Considering this, we will work in collaboration with individual field staff and clients on alternate travel solutions and/or schedule adjustments to ensure continuity of care should the need arise.
On March 21, 2020, SelectCare purchased a bulk order of surgical masks. We are distributing limited number of surgical masks to clients and field staff. Immediate plans for distribution are as follows:
- We have mailed or delivered a limited number of surgical masks to client receiving home care.
- These are to be kept on hand for the following reasons:
- If the client and/or family member who lives with the client develops suggestive symptoms of COVID-19.
- If the client needs to travel into the community
- A limited number of surgical masks and gloves continue to be supplied to field staff who are currently assigned to clients. This increased distribution for field staff safety began in mid-January and will continue for as long as we have supplies.
On March 26, 2020, SelectCare was able to purchase a limited number of digital thermometers which are being distributed on a case by case basis while supplies last. Please contact SelectCare immediately if you do not have a working thermometer in the home.
Disinfectant supplies remain scarce. Please continue to check with local pharmacies and grocery stores on expected delivery dates to replenish your supplies.
I encourage you to reach out to me with questions and/or concerns.
Kelly Takemura RN
SelectCare Home Care Services NYC