Home Health Care Assistance for Short-Term, Supplemental Care
Offering Flexibility in Hours, Services and Staff
You may not have made a career choice that put you in the healthcare field, but you may find yourself providing home healthcare services to a loved one. Over 67 million Americans provide home healthcare for a family member or friend, while 36% of those look after elderly parents. This is a labor of love that many children and other relatives take on, but it can be come stressful to balance your regular responsibilities with caretaker duties.
If you opt to care for a loved one at home, you want to make sure that you have the support you need to care for yourself as well as a person who is ill or elderly. Caregiver burnout can become a major issue if you neglect your own needs and have no relief from the physical and psychological burdens of caregiving.
A leader in home healthcare services in New York City, SelectCare Home Care Services offers short-term supplemental care services (also known as respite care) giving you the break from caregiving that you need. Whether you need to get away to recharge or just need short-term help managing health needs for yourself or someone else, respite services from SelectCare offers a great solution that assures ongoing client care.
What Does Short-Term Supplemental Care Involve?
- Relief from caregiving for a few hours a day, a week, or month to shop, attend to business, or relax
- Extra help when you need it to provide skilled care, educate you about medications or ways to handle the client and improve home safety
- Companionship to expand the client’s interactions
- Provide chaperone and assistance to doctor’s appointments and other errands
- Assistance when you need it as you recover from a personal injury or illness
- Traveling companions while you are visiting New York City
- Out of towners coming to New York for special medical treatments that require assistance
- Providing personal care to assist para-pelagic clients visiting New York City when their aides did not come with them
- Visiting New York to attend weddings, reunions or family graduations and need assistance in getting around
SelectCare Home Care Services has made a difference in the lives of New York families for more than 31 years. Our staff of home care experts stands ready to step in and to provide you or your loved one with short-term care when you need it most. Whether you need a home health aide or Licensed Practical Nurse, or a Registered Nurse, our caregiver team is ready to make a true difference in your life.
We want to be your partner in providing the best possible care for your loved one. Give us a call at 212-505-3640 and we can develop a plan to give you the help you need as a caregiver.