Home Health Care Assistance for Short-Term, Supplemental Care
Offering Flexibility in Hours, Services and Staff
Short term home health care services provide a client with in-home support while they recover from an illness, injury, or medical procedure that impedes their safety or ability to perform everyday tasks.
Short term care gives families peace of mind that experienced paid caregivers are assisting their loved one during recuperation from an illness or injury.
In addition to making the recovery process smoother and safer, short term care can also be used to support family caregivers. Respite care allows family caregivers to tend to their own medical or professional needs, attend family functions, travel, and mitigate the risk of caregiver burnout.
Planning Short Term Care
Short term care can be arranged with reasonably short notice, however prospective clients are strongly encouraged to begin communicating with a provider at least two weeks before service is needed.
What Does Short-Term Supplemental Care Involve?
- Relief from caregiving for a few hours a day, a week, or month to shop, attend to business, or relax
- Extra help when you need it to provide skilled care, educate you about medications or ways to handle the client and improve home safety
- Companionship to expand the client’s interactions
- Provide chaperone and assistance to doctor’s appointments and other errands
- Assistance when you need it as you recover from a personal injury or illness
- Traveling companions while you are visiting New York City
- Out of towners coming to New York for special medical treatments that require assistance
- Providing personal care to assist para-pelagic clients visiting New York City when their aides did not come with them
- Visiting New York to attend weddings, reunions or family graduations and need assistance in getting around
SelectCare Home Care Services has made a difference in the lives of New York families for more than 37 years. Our staff of home care experts stands ready to step in and to provide you or your loved one with short-term care when you need it most. Whether you need a home health aide or Licensed Practical Nurse, or a Registered Nurse, our caregiver team is ready to make a true difference in your life.
Do you need a partner to provide the best possible care for your loved one? Give us a call at 212-505-3640 and together we can talk about the best plan to give you the help you need as a caregiver.
Here’s more Short Term Care information on the following blog posts: